Pleco Compatability

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

vanillarum

AC Members
Jan 4, 2008
Mass.
I raise and breed red ancistrus bristlenose, some of them in my oddball community tank. Some of them are born and raised (until I can trap them) right in that same tank with no issues. I think that once they are free swimmers, they should be fine. Good luck.

chickenlady

AC Members
Dec 28, 2009
Well, that depends on what else you have in the tank. I can tell you from experience, almost monthly, lol, that quarter size angelfish will chase baby BNs down and eat them. So will my convict cichlids. And my rope fish loves them. My guppys and plattys pick at their tails and fins. The biggest problem with baby BNs is that they think they are much bigger than they are, and will refuse to hide. I would not put them in a community tank until they are at least an inch long if at all possible. It has gotten to the point where i will take the male and put him in a little tank and let him kick out the babies, then put him back in the big tank. That is, the ones I want to raise, all the others, they are on their own, some actually end up surviving, and grow up.

BettaFishMommy

finkids make me happy :-)
Mar 17, 2008
Deadmonton, lol, Canada
Real Name
Sherry N.
as long as the plecos are larger than the mouths of any fish in the tank, they'll be fine. i've raised bn fry in a community tank with no issue.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store