New guy from Northern Michigan

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

swandog

Barbarian Tyrant
Oct 16, 2012
Mackinaw MI
Real Name
Bill
Hi all,

I'm way up near Mackinaw in N. MI, the land of one LFS (Walmart). To get to a Petsmart I have to travel 110 miles to Traverse City. I got my first 10 gallon tank in 1967 and have a tank or two running ever since. Currently I have a 10 gallon cycled holding tank, a 30 gallon community tank and a new 55g that I pick up Thursday (tomorrow).

I'm 58 and retired from my job this fall so I'm ready to dive in to one of my favorite hobbies and learn more about some of the more difficult fish to keep. The 55g has required a shift in some living room furniture and some minor resistance from my wife but it'll look great and she's giving me input on what fish to get.

My other interests are olympic archery, benchrest shooting, hunting, fishing and of course web forums on each of these interests. Nice to be here.

Bill

ram_g0p

AC Members
Jun 27, 2012
N. Carolina
Real Name
ramey
Hi Bill,
Welcome to the forum :) Good luck with setting up the 55 gal. It should be fun and keep us updated, with pics if possible. Great to be retired at 58, eh?! I am jealous :)

Rbishop

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 30, 2005
Real Name
Mr. Normal
Welcome to AC!

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store