New to Angelfish Feeding Question

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

MistyO

AC Members
Aug 25, 2012
I bought a quarter sized angel from my LFS a couple days ago. (My first angel.) He's a sweet little guy who doesn't shove himself in the middle of the rainbow/danio feeding frenzy. He's content to pick up the floating crumbs while the nuts go crazy and make a mess at the top. Right now I'm trying to feed him twice a day, but that means feeding everyone else twice a day too.

I know the angel has lots of growing to do. At this size is twice a day enough? How do I juggle it so I don't overfeed everyone else? Anything else I need to know?

Thanks!

Star_Rider

AC Moderators
Dec 21, 2005
Spanaway, Wa.
Real Name
Ed
unfortunately in a community tank there isn't much you can do.

quarter sized is still juvenile but 2 per day may still suffice.

You could try feeding the main herd(so to speak) ,note the position of the young angel and then try direct feeding in a different location..the angel may move to a different location away from the main group to avoid the frenzy and this is where you can feed. of course this depends where the angel is positioned.

esoepr1976

AC Members
Oct 27, 2012
Iowa
Real Name
Emily
You could feed the main herd some flake food to start the frenzy, then notice where the angel is, and target feed him/her some frozen food (blood worms and brine shrimp) with a turkey baster. The rest of the herd will want some of the frozen stuff, and will head over to it soon, but the angel will hopefully get to eat enough of it first. I use this trick with ADF's in a tank with fish to make sure they get enough to eat, and it also works on shyer fish like angels.

Emily

Slappy*McFish

Global Moderator
Staff member
Feb 18, 2002
Raleigh, NC
Agreed. Target feed with a turkey baster.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store