Red Head Severum in 75 gallon

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

swandog

Barbarian Tyrant
Oct 16, 2012
Mackinaw MI
Real Name
Bill
I got my 75 gallon tank today and am building a custom stand this week. After seeing a few posts and pictures of Red Headed Severums by members Taysius, Abarilot and mbunabum I have to have one as my centerpiece fish.

AqAdvisor says a Severum would reach 12" but Liveaquaria says maybe 9". Who is closer to the truth?

I want to keep it with cory's, harlequin rasboras with a pair of curviceps and possibly khulie loachs. Is this stocking plan realistic or delusional? I really want a big school of fish as well as the severum.

AquaticAustin

AC Members
Sep 29, 2011
Orlando, Fl (UCF)
Not sure about the red but I turqoise one around 5" or so thats completely peaceful (except it nibbles soft plants). I have it in with something as small as a von rio tetra. Granted its nowhere near full grown but still temperment wise id say it will be fine. if it got to.be 12" it still shouldnt have a problem in a 75g assuming its 48x18 since it.can turn around easily

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

abarilot

AC Members
Jun 7, 2009
By the Beach!
Real Name
Armand
A 75g tank will be fine for a Heros sp. Rotkeil. I'd worry about the smaller tankmates. Kuhli loaches look like worms and might be eaten. Corys will be fine and I'd stick to tetras/barbs that have a deeper body. Though they aren't SA I've been thinking about adding Rainbow fish to my SA setup cuz they have lots of color and movement

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store