Hello all

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

esoepr1976

AC Members
Oct 27, 2012
Iowa
Real Name
Emily
Hi. I'm Emily and I'm finally getting to have an aquarium after not having one for a little over three years. (I was living in a setting where I just couldn't have one). At one point I had about eleven tanks or so set up. Well, now I can only have one, and it is a 37 gallon Eclipse system. I can't have one any bigger because I am on the second floor of an a apartment building. In a few years I hope to move to a little house my parent's own that I can live in, and then I will set up a few more aquariums. (I have a 125g tank in their basement that will be a cichlid tank, and I have another 37g eclipse system, and I have a 29g tank, and a 10g tank). I think I may get cut off at that though. I tend to go overboard with things sometimes, and then I get in trouble, so I have to set limits, so I don't wind up on an animal planets "Hoarders" show or something. (even though my fishies would all be well taken care of).

Right now, my tank is up and running, but fishless. I know it will eventually have a few angelfish in it (because that is what my roommate likes, even though it's my tank, I am letting her have some input. She wants angels). Well, I get to decide on all the other fish. So, I'm trying to decide If I want to have colorful fish (dwarf gouramis, cherry or rosy barbs, some type of black and white cory cat,) or if I want to go with a more brown/tan color scheme and have ctenopoma acutirostre, upside down catfish, and a bristle nose or two. (o.k., either way I go I have to have a bristle nose since my roommate wants a suckerfish, and I don't want a huge pleco).

I am not overly impressed with the fish in our local store (unless I want cichlids, which of course I don't), so I have to wait until my next trip to the big city to get any fish. That isn't until November 6th. Sigh. That is a long ways away. But, not long enough for a fishless cycle, so I can only get a few fish when I go. Discipline Discipline Discipline......

At least my little tank is on the large side for little tanks.

Emily

Rbishop

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 30, 2005
Real Name
Mr. Normal
Welcome to AC!

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store