i need help with my oscars!

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

cripple13

Registered Member
Oct 29, 2012
i have 2 juvenile oscars and they get along fine but recently my tiger oscar has been just laying on the bottom and looks like hes leaning to the side and wont eat very much there doesnt seem to be any scrapes or bite marks or diseases on him. im very concerned and im new to the oscar world.

Rbishop

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 30, 2005
Real Name
Mr. Normal
Welcome to AC!

cripple13

Registered Member
Oct 29, 2012
i dont have any dimension but i have the basic 55 gallon tank temp stays at about 78 degrees.

Rbishop

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 30, 2005
Real Name
Mr. Normal
Have you started a thread in our Cichlid Forums? Give as much detail as you can about your set up. Such as watrer readings, stocking and maintenance routine.

BettaFishMommy

finkids make me happy :-)
Mar 17, 2008
Deadmonton, lol, Canada
Real Name
Sherry N.
a 55 gallon will be an alright tank for them for now, but once they get to the 6 inch mark you'll want to upgrade your tank to a bigger one. 55 gallons isn't big enough for two oscars long term.

let us know your water change schedule, what you feed them (and schedule), where they came from, how long you've had them, etc. also, your water parameters are a necessity. if you don't have a testing kit, go to petsmart and get the API Freshwater Master kit. follow the instructions very carefully and tell us what your ammonia, nitrite, and nitrate readings are.

Fractalis

Heavy Weapons Guy
Mar 3, 2011
If you feed them store bought live food parasites and diseases could be your problem

whatever the problem is, it seems to be internal seeing as how there are no outward signs of trouble; other than behavior

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store