i need help with my oscars!

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

cripple13

Registered Member
Oct 29, 2012
m in desperate need of help with my oscars im new to them and i was referred to this site. plz help me he wont eat alot and he is sticking to the bottom. was jsut fine until about 3 days ago. idk what is happening i dont want him to die

Rbishop

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 30, 2005
Real Name
Mr. Normal
Give us some more info on your tank such as size, how long established and some readings from a good liquid test kit?

crazy4cichlid21

AC Members
Sep 30, 2012
New jersey
Real Name
Zach
You need a good water test kit a lot of times ammonia leaves fish at the bottom looking like there breathing heavy. You should check your water params and everyone on AC is always willing to help. Also how long has your tank been established maybe nts. Look for almost salt like crystals or dots on its stomach maybe ich we need more information on your tank before we can help.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

Fractalis

Heavy Weapons Guy
Mar 3, 2011
what do you feed it

the more variables you can tell us about the more clear the problem will become

cripple13

Registered Member
Oct 29, 2012
the fish doesnt have ick i am sorta new to the oscar world. havent really done much to the tank. its a 55 gallon. i havent tested the water. they seem to be fine its just laying there leaning to the left. no damage on fins. i feed them pellets, flakes and feeders every once and a while not very often.

Rbishop

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 30, 2005
Real Name
Mr. Normal
How long has the tank been established?
What, if any, are the other tankmates?
What kind of filtration and size?
How frequwntly and how large are your water changes?
You need to test the water with a good liquid test kit, not dip strips.

Oscars can be very moody, but unless you answer some questions, there isn't much we can help you with.

Fractalis

Heavy Weapons Guy
Mar 3, 2011
NO MORE FEEDER FISH!

Feeder fish have a very high likelyhood of harboring diseases and parasites not to mention that the most common feeder fish the goldfish is extremely high in FAT

Your fish's problem seems to be an internal one and if you don't discontinue your Feeder fish you may lose the other one

be sure to make a large weekly water change and keep the temp stable and with some luck he may recover (but dont stop with either)

jlennonW

AC Members
Mar 3, 2012
How long has the tank been established?
What, if any, are the other tankmates?
What kind of filtration and size?
How frequwntly and how large are your water changes?
You need to test the water with a good liquid test kit, not dip strips.

Oscars can be very moody, but unless you answer some questions, there isn't much we can help you with.

In addition how big are the O's?
Juveniles under 6 inches may last in a 55 gallon with perfect water conditions for a couple months. I will not preach on size though I know its possible.
If you do not have aeration in the tank you may want to do so along with getting us some water perimeters, temp, filtration, etc.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store