New Buddy

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

KellyFrancis

Holo the Wise Wolf
Jul 13, 2012
Brought my Bangaii cardinal into the LFS yesterday. Got this guy, officially named Ribbet, and 5 more nass snails. Tank's a nightmare right now as I had to tear it apart to get the cardinal out. :(

Also learned that the new faucet is not siphon hose compatible. I've got two answers to the problem: try to find a series of adapters that works or stir the water and scoop with a cup to change the water. I don't care for either. Do I have another option?

ImageUploadedByMonsterAquariaNetwork1351561122.672390.jpg

ImageUploadedByMonsterAquariaNetwork1351561134.499145.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

ImageUploadedByMonsterAquariaNetwork1351561122.672390.jpg ImageUploadedByMonsterAquariaNetwork1351561134.499145.jpg

cpetrosky

AC Members
Jan 22, 2011
Mooresville NC
Real Name
Chris Petrosky
thats a pretty tame fish if hes letting you handle him like that. or sick..... doe he swim around and grase off the rocks or jus lay there?

KellyFrancis

Holo the Wise Wolf
Jul 13, 2012
Well in the first 24 hours, he was scootin around. I haven't seen him since yesterday afternoon. My tank's still a disaster area though cuz I didn't wanna start moving things around with him still bein so new and all. That pic was taken as I put him in the tank. He mud have pooped in the bag or something cuz it was nasty and I didn't wanna dump that water in the tank so I took him out, held onto him for a sec and opened my hand. I was literally his first time in the tank so I'm sure be and the clowns were eyeing each other up. Lol. I haven't seen him eat yet but it's still within the first 48 hours. I got him some nori to munch on though so I'm hoping to see him eat this afternoon.

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

greech

AC Moderators
May 13, 2009
Tallahassee, FL
Real Name
Graham
Always a good idea to leave your hands out of the tank when you add a new fish as there is enough stress already. Nice blenny!

You are much better off going to the hardware store to find the adpaters you need for your siphon or just use the siphon the old fashion way and use a bucket to hold the old water.

Khemul

Sea Bunny
Oct 14, 2010
South Florida
thats a pretty tame fish if hes letting you handle him like that. or sick..... doe he swim around and grase off the rocks or jus lay there?
Normal behavior for blennies (gobies too). They like to perch and examine territory, so they'll rest in your hand for a little bit on introduction.

KellyFrancis

Holo the Wise Wolf
Jul 13, 2012
Thanks Greech for the advice...I suppose it makes sense about the hand thing...hahaha...not thinking... and the siphon hose is still waiting to be addressed...Work and school and school and work....round and round and round...lol

Yesterday when I got home from work, the lil guy was cruisin around munchin. I put the nori in the tank and the clowns were ripping it out of my hand before I could get it under a rock, lol. They didn't eat it all and I didn't know how long to leave it in the tank so I left it overnight and now, about 24 hours later, its almost gone. Don't know if the blenny ate any but somebody pigged out...lol. He was cruisin around and pickin on the rocks like he's always been there. He's gotten no grief from anyone else in the tank either which is cool. Although, his tank mates aren't exactly the scariest...two perc clowns, a flame angel, a CBS, emerald crab and snails and hermits. lol. He fits nicely though. Hope he's happy!

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store