How stir-crazy were/are you during the hurricane?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Piranha86

AC Members
Dec 26, 2009
Harford County Maryland
Real Name
Will
Here in Md., we lost power around 5:30 PM on 29/10. Power resumed at 4:30 PM the following day. It would have came back earlier, but the winds were too intense and BGE didn't want any of their employees blowing out of the cherry pickers. In all honesty, I'm pretty grateful that we got it back so fast. I know that on some parts of the East Coast that power won't be restored for a while.

Anyway, with stir-craziness, I found myself sitting 'Indian-style' on my bed eating Froot Loops from a bag and playing Pokemon FireRed. When the GameBoy finally died, I went straight to sleep. I have a mind that needs to be constantly occupied with something, my latest hobby being TI-BASIC programming on the calculator (great for English class), but that was impossible in the dark. So I figured, hey, why not go to sleep?

Anyway, what is your stir-craziness experience?

Fishfriend1

Fishlover Extraordinaire
Dec 11, 2009
Southeastern PA
Real Name
Mr. Palmer
Stir crazy enough that my Step-sibs and I got through 2 whole games of monopoly - - - and we all started reading BOOKS! I know, I know, crazy right? lol, at least we still had the stove (gas), hot water (gas), and a kerosine heater... We lost power at about 6pm Monday and won't get it back until after friday. This is my dads house, which as of yet has no fish/plants in the tank, so no worries.

My moms never even lost power or had flickering lights... I'm going to live in more populated areas when I keep fish - they fair better in storms.

Piranha86

AC Members
Dec 26, 2009
Harford County Maryland
Real Name
Will
Stir crazy enough that my Step-sibs and I got through 2 whole games of monopoly - - - and we all started reading BOOKS! I know, I know, crazy right? lol, at least we still had the stove (gas), hot water (gas), and a kerosine heater... We lost power at about 6pm Monday and won't get it back until after friday. This is my dads house, which as of yet has no fish/plants in the tank, so no worries.

My moms never even lost power or had flickering lights... I'm going to live in more populated areas when I keep fish - they fair better in storms.
Monopoly was certainly a staple before my brother became intolerable >.<

The funny thing is, I live in a (too?) developed area and we lost power. My neighborhood is one of the oldest, so the power lines and such are like eggshells and hey, falling trees break eggshells.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store