How did everyone make out with Sandy?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

TL1000RSquid

AC Members
Apr 6, 2011
NY
Just got my electric back this evening out since 3pm monday. I had a generator but it conked out on me while I was working a double shift, my smaller tank dropped down to 65 degrees when I came home.

I may of lost some tube worms, toadstool, YWG and Pistol are MIA at the moment haven't seen them come out yet. My clownfish and clown goby were looking bad when I came home after that temp drop but they bounced back once I got the heat back on. Bigger tank did better more volume so the temp didnt go below 72*. My one FW tank dropped to 65 as well had a few losses there.

Interesting observation FW and SW tanks both were at about 65* Mollies in SW were swimming around like everything was fine, FW Molly dead, they were all purchased at the same time from petsmart.

Rev_Jim_Jones

AC Members
May 15, 2011
South Jersey
Real Name
Mat
Eye of the Storm in south Jersey power flickered twice no damage. Although I did not start setting up my micro/nano reef (not sure what designation a 12G gets)

Chrisinator

Ripariumist
Sep 27, 2008
North Jersey
Real Name
Chris
Still got no power but we do have gas powered heat. I'm doing water changes from water I set aside but I'm not sure if its safe to use water from the tap.

I hope others are well as well, especially regarding families and housing situations. Good luk for those who were affected!

-Chris

shloken38

AC Members
Apr 24, 2012
I was without power for about three days. I had done a water change the day of the power outage, and hadn't fed the tank since the day before. When it finally went out, I unplugged the filters, places the media in the tanks and covered them up with towels. Every once in awhile, I scooped water out of the tank with a cup and poured it in from about 8 inches up. When everything came back on, there were a couple who looked weak lying sideways on the bottom. They all made it and are back to normal. One of my endlers even gave birth during the outage!

I was definitely lucky. I feel for those who are still suffering from this disaster. Good luck to those of you who are still fighting. My thoughts are with you, and I wish you and your families the best.

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

TL1000RSquid

AC Members
Apr 6, 2011
NY
Still got no power but we do have gas powered heat. I'm doing water changes from water I set aside but I'm not sure if its safe to use water from the tap.

I hope others are well as well, especially regarding families and housing situations. Good luk for those who were affected!

-Chris
Tap water will probably have 2-3 times higher tds then normal. Probably no problem for FW but wouldn't want to use it in salt. I'll be using RODI even for all my FW changes the next week or two just in case.

TL1000RSquid

AC Members
Apr 6, 2011
NY
Well I think my YWG didn't make it, the pistol has been popping off and saw him outside with out the goby. Randall's pair made it in the other tank though. Interestingly enough my Xenia looks to be all dead as well, would of thought that would of survived a nuclear bomb. Still no sign of any of my tube or feather worms.

ThatNewFishGuy

AC Members
May 4, 2010
It definitely stinks to lose livestock. but good to hear you guys are making out okay otherwise. Stay safe everybody! And dont sweat the losses, ur guys' tanks will be back to normal once this thing is over.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store