leopard ctenopoma questions

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

sketch804

Registered Member
Nov 29, 2011
I have noticed a few good people here have leopard ctenopoma's (Ctenopoma acutirostre)in their tank, and for the ones that have two, what is the easiest way to introduce two that have lived in different tanks and combine them into one??
Also I know one will obviouly be the dominate one, but how close in size should they be? right now I have a full grown 5+yr leaf fish and a 1+ yr old maybe all of 3". I think right now that would be too much of a difference but how long do I need to wait in your opinion?
These are one of my favorite fish families and I try to build the tank around that, right now one is in a 33L , but I was thinking of moving them to a 40 breeder with good hiding places, caves, etc..

Any input would be greatly appreciated!! thanks!

Jayhawk

AC Members
May 12, 2001
Lawrence, KS
I had one in the past...neat fish, but I traded mine in as it got large enough to start eating it's tank mates (it was in a 33 gallon tank as well). I'm getting the anabantoid itch again, and was contemplating a single in a 20 long tank...pretty much by itself (except for a 12 year old clown pleco).

How outgoing is your leopard ctenopomas? Mine was pretty shy, but I didn't know if it was a stage. I thought a single one in a 20 long might make a nice wet pet, and unlike a single convict it wouldn't tear up my plants.

Eric

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store