Dying cories.... what the heck???

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

riddle4sphinx

AC Members
Jul 19, 2006
Illinois
Two days ago I bought 6 metae cories and 6 sterbai cories to go in a 20 gallon qt tank before transfering them to a 240g discus tank.... between that first night and this morning, I have 4 left!!!!! The water is fine ammonia and nitrites are 0 and i just did a water change but nitrates are never more than 5. My ph is high at 8.2 but i've had cories in this before and without any problems. The only thing I can think of is that at the store, the computers went down as I was about to check out, so the poor little guys between that and my half an hour drive home and an hour floating in my tank before releasing them (i did add my tank water every 10 minutes to raise their ph in the bag) they were in their bags for about 2.5 hours. One was flipping out before I even got them in the tank! I've never had fish in bags for this long and really cant think of any other ideas as to why they're dead. A few have been very lethargic and then just died, and a few others have gone berserk swimming crazy and then floating down on their sides. What the heck is going on?? And p.s. this tank has been cycled for over a month using established gravel and a filter from a different healthy tank. Any thoughts?

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

AquaticAustin

AC Members
Sep 29, 2011
Orlando, Fl (UCF)
1) bad stock
2) a illness from the stress ( particularly the swimming madly before death makes me think of a disease.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

riddle4sphinx

AC Members
Jul 19, 2006
Illinois
I just feel awful that so many of them are dying! I thought about it and the metaes were the ones that were listless and then died and the sterbai swam crazy and then died. It just makes me sad :(

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store