First World Aquarium Problems

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

dbosman

AC Members
Dec 5, 2010
East Lansing, MI USA
That GFCI tripping when starting a filter is how I found out one filter was leaking, internally.
The GFCI was doing it's job and I over looked it a couple of times.

Glabe

River Rat
May 10, 2011
That GFCI tripping when starting a filter is how I found out one filter was leaking, internally.
The GFCI was doing it's job and I over looked it a couple of times.
that's when you swap out the GFI for a normal outlet, and glue the breaker to ON. if the house catches on fire, there's a python water changer/fire hose in the cabinet

Fishfriend1

Fishlover Extraordinaire
Dec 11, 2009
Southeastern PA
Real Name
Mr. Palmer
Darn it, too much chlorine in my water, I need to get some dechlore...

kj5kb

KEEPER OF CATS, FISH AND CATFISHES
Mar 1, 2007
Spring Hill Kansas SW of Kansas City
Real Name
Don
I've fat-fingered a test button many times...

and yes, I HAVE had GFCIs trip on bad hardware...thats why we have 'em! I've also been shocked by a tank that did not trip the GFCI.

back to our regularly scheduled thread...lets have some fun with this.

Nepherael

AC Members
May 11, 2012
Warsaw, IN
Real Name
Brandon
I don't know what this qualifies as but the guy I bought my tank second hand from had his filter hoses cut down to exactly the length he needed and I tried to move it one day to add a second filter in. The hose popped off its fitting and starts spraying water everywhere. I yank it hard to hopefully pull the filter back far enough to put the hose in the tank. Instead the hose comes off that fitting too. All in all I'd say it was about 3 gallons everywhere and it sprayed all over my power strip. In my attempt to stop from shorting everything out I tried to turn off the strip as quickly as possible and was promptly shocked all to Hell. It was a pretty crappy evening

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S3 using the MAN app!

Dionysus

AC Members
May 30, 2007
Wisconsin
Can't even count the times I've been zapped pulling the wet one handed plug removal...when u pulling the plug with your thumb and index finger, and pushing down on power strip with middle fing, and ja ja ja jolt!!! Ground faults never tripped when I had 120v running thru my arm, up to neck and beyond...kindve a rush tho :eek:

Sent from my LG-VM696 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store