Urgent help needed 30 fish dead

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

MrsMoose

AC Members
May 11, 2010
Jasper,Alabama
Girl in my area has been in contact with me, She had algae in her aquarium so she added Tetra Algae control , within a day or two she lost 28 guppies from babies to adults today lost 2 kribensis. I had told her yesterday to do a water change she had removed the filters so me and another guy told her to put those back, she has a couple of kribs , couple small angels and a abn, what more can I tell her ???

Slappy*McFish

Global Moderator
Staff member
Feb 18, 2002
Raleigh, NC
50% water change with plenty of fresh carbon filtration. A Polyfilter would be a wise choice to use, as well.

The Zigman

Here fishy fishy fishy!!!
Oct 5, 2007
Near Chicago, Il.
www.uglymuggs.com
Algae "controllers" are never safe to use (IMO)
I would put some carbon in the filters, and keep on top of the water changes.

throw away whatever is left of that algaecide.

Glabe

River Rat
May 10, 2011
yay for the lazy person's remedies! it's just like us to use an instant gratification solution to remedy something that can be avoided/safely fixed with a small bit of knowledge/lack of indifference

MrsMoose

AC Members
May 11, 2010
Jasper,Alabama
Thats what I told her, I have even seen people with ponds use it, I got her to do the 50 percent water change after the guppies but she still lost the two kribs yesterday . I told her not to feed for a couple days until they are unstressed. She called tetra and they have got her to send it in for testing, they will never admit their crap is fish killer meds grrrr

Algae "controllers" are never safe to use (IMO)
I would put some carbon in the filters, and keep on top of the water changes.

throw away whatever is left of that algaecide.

excuzzzeme

Stroke Survivor '05
The damage is done. She may still continue to lose fish. The suggested water changes are about all that can be done and now time will take it's toll. It's a shame she tried to take a shortcut with chemicals when a little knowledge and elbow grease would have done the job far better and without killing any fish!

MrsMoose

AC Members
May 11, 2010
Jasper,Alabama
True, she said this morning she has lost all the kribensis... she want to feed them I told her last night wait , what do ya'll think wait or go ahead

MrsMoose

AC Members
May 11, 2010
Jasper,Alabama
I told her to test the water she said it was good, not sure she never gave me the readings .... she went ahead and gave them food so..... I know that stuff is bad on its on but I am wondering to if it was over treated

chinnp

In denial of MTS
Mar 24, 2005
I think every one has made the mistake of trying to use chemicals as a shortcut. It rarely works out well and is always a painful lesson.

Sent from my ADR6350 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store