Invert ideas for 46 gal bowfront FOWLR

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

kyryah

Getting my mojo back....
Feb 3, 2009
Michigan
tortnet.darchorizons.com
I have a 46 gal bowfront tank that consists of one Fire Clown and a bunch of live rock ;) It is crawling with pods, asterina stars (I keep them under control by culling every so often) mini-brittle stars, chitons, and a few snails.

I love inverts and would love to add something interesting. I cannot add any other fish; the only thing I would possibly try would be a Black Cap or Yellow Head Jawfish. (I have a system of PVC pipes in place already under the sand.) My Fire Clown is EXTREMELY aggressive, but I am very attached to her and that is that.

I do get quite a bit of green algae that I keep under control by pulling every so often. I don't particularly mind having some, since I don't have corals (I can't afford to maintain them, plain and simple.) My lighting is a Current USA Nova Extreme 4X36" T5, 2 actinic and 2 white bulbs.

The system has been as is for about a year and a half. I upgraded from a 30 gallon long that was set up for a year and a half as well. The substrate was new, everything else is the same.

I had more snails and hermits, but they have slowly died out. I do intend on replacing them very soon.

So, any ideas? Please don't give me "turbo snails" and "blue legged hermits." I'm looking for something somewhat substantially sized, and different, but not insanely expensive. Cucumbers? Crabs that won't eat my clown? Big shrimp? Whatcha got?

kyryah

Getting my mojo back....
Feb 3, 2009
Michigan
tortnet.darchorizons.com
Great suggestion. Keep them coming please.

greech

AC Moderators
May 13, 2009
Tallahassee, FL
Real Name
Graham
Halloween hermits, pistol shrimp with a goby (I don't see that being an issue with your clown since they will not occupy the same territory), bubble tip anemone (water quality may be a concern if you have GHA), tux urchin, skunk cleaner shrimp, fire shrimp, peppermint shrimp (sounds like Forest Gump :)).

SubRosa

AC Members
Jul 3, 2009
Ribbon Eel.

kyryah

Getting my mojo back....
Feb 3, 2009
Michigan
tortnet.darchorizons.com
I don't really want to mess with anems, too sensitive to water quality. I do water changes and all that, and test for salinity, and I dose Seachem Reef Plus and Reef Complete but I am pretty much a pauper in this hobby so I don't want to invest in anything with real delicate requirements.

I do like the Reef lobster and Tuxedo urchin. My clown killed a Lawnmower Blenny that I had, so not sure about the shrimp and goby. I like the Halloween hermits as well. I think the ribbon eel would be too big for my aquarium.

Great suggestions, I would love more!

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store