crack head banjo

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

waterspirit

Charlie don't surf...
Dec 11, 2002
Oak Grove, KY
Visit site
I bought two banjo cats at the LFS the other day. The larger one pretty much does everything I expected him to do (lay around all day and move around mostly at night), but the other one I swear is on crack or something. When I first introduced them to the tank, they both just sort of half swam half drifted to the bottom and they chilled right where they fell only moving around to find cover. Well, after about an hour or so, the smaller of the two started swimming laps around the aquarium at a pretty high speed. At first we thought it was entertaining, since he roused my upside down cat out of hiding and proceeded to get chased for a little while. The upside down cat lost interest and went back to his hiding place while the crack head banjo just kept on swimming. He's been doing this almost nonstop for a couple of days now. I'm worried that he'll die of exhaustion. All my water readings are normal, so I don't think that it has anything to do with that. Anybody got any clues??? :confused:

waterspirit

Charlie don't surf...
Dec 11, 2002
Oak Grove, KY
Visit site
update on the crack head...

When I stocked the aquarium with more fish, he quit his incessant laps. I guess he just needed some activity going on around him to feel more comfortable. :confused:

waterspirit

Charlie don't surf...
Dec 11, 2002
Oak Grove, KY
Visit site
Yeah, I have all kinds of decorations and plants. It was really weird though. For a little while there, I thought he was going to die of exhaustion. But he seems to be okay now :confused:

Shelly

AC Members
Dec 29, 2002
Pekin, IL
Visit site
Geeze..Sounds like when a hamster is born with a brain disorder mostly caused by inbreeding..that makes them do backflips non-stop..Its sad..:(

Maybe he was excited to be in his new home lol.:)

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store