Angel Egg problems- Where are they?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Bonniegiff

AC Members
Jul 18, 2010
I found my angels layed about 60 or more eggs on a small flower pot when I thought they were finished I trandfered the flower pot to a tank that was empty, but already cyled. I hadn't planed for any eggs to be put in this tank so I had a very low amount of gravel in it. They did fine at five days they were wiggling and had black eyes. I noticed at that point the temperature was down to 74.5. I added some hot water and raised the heater a bit. At this point they were growing fine the temperature was 79.5 and the eggs were still growing. On the sixth day all the eggs had tails or strings coming out of them and they were larger. Buy the eighth day all the fry were off the flower pot. Now I can only see one free swimming angel. Where did the angel fry go. Are they stuck in the gravel. I don't see any dead fish floating in the water. Do you think they are still alive and just not ready to swim? I got rid of a few white eggs and did a 30%- 35% water change. I checked none of the fish were in the old water I was very careful, So they still have to be in the tank. Do you have any idea where the fry are? What do I do? Are the fry still ok?
Thanks

Gill Roy

"Up to my neck"
Nov 6, 2007
New Port Richey, FL.
Had angels lay eggs once. I did like you and transfered them to another tank with gravel. They did go into the gravel and could not get out. Your angels should lay more eggs soon. This time put them in a tank with no gravel and a good sponge filter. I fed mine newly hatched brine shrimp and they grew like weeds.

Keep us posted and good luck with the new babies.

Star_Rider

AC Moderators
Dec 21, 2005
Spanaway, Wa.
Real Name
Ed
breeding and gro-out tanks usually have no gravel..easier to keep clean and see what's up ;)

Apr 2, 2002
New York
Angel fry stay on the bottom until free swimming. After that they will overnight on the bottom. They will not do well in gravel. They also should be fed live food for the first 10 days to 2 weeks at least.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store