I feel guilty :(

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Cathan

AC Members
Apr 3, 2012
Burbank California
So a year ago I got 2 female platys from Petco.

They all lived in a 10 gallon and then fry started to appear. Being myself, I was just joyful at this. Raising them up and such. It got to the point later on when the grown up fry had fry. So, it got to the point in where the 10 gallon was filled. So later on, I bought a 50 gallon in which I properly cycled about 5-9 months ago? So I transferred them over. I had around a few adult platys at that time and a lot of fry. I then added some harlequin rasboras and neon tetras and loved them. About July of this year, I noticed that the tank (50) was being over runned by so many platys. It was just way to filled. And I just went into a deep thought on how to start decreasing their population. I thought about selling them to people and lfs but no one wanted them. I then kind of got worried and just wished that they would all "vanish". I know it was such a bad thought but I was just over stressed and had so many problems going on. This is when problems started to happen I guess. Around October of this year, I noticed a slight decrease in the population but I didn't really look into it. Throughout the end of October and into November, the population started to decrease a lot. My tank parameters are okay. The neons/Rasboras show no illnesses. Today, during breakfast, I took a look for an hour and just counted the remaining platys. Less then 10 left. Out of the many from before. Now I kinda feel bad that I wished they would "disappear". But I guess my Amanos are enjoying themselves as I haven't seen any dead/dying platys in the past year. All of them always swimming great. No clamped fins. Nothing. So weird .-.

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store