Are my Bubbles stressed?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

ThatNewFishGuy

AC Members
May 4, 2010
I just the bought the green one 2 days ago. Even though it looks about the same size as the white one, the green was actually about twice that size in the LFS. I'm concerned about those white bruise like things on the polyps. Are those just from moving them around? or something else?

SubRosa

AC Members
Jul 3, 2009
They both look ok. Bubbles won't open fully if the flow is too strong. Try turning off any circ pumps/powerheads for an hour or so and see it it opens up any further. It could just be settling in.

ThatNewFishGuy

AC Members
May 4, 2010
Well the flow definitely had something to do with it. I turned off all the pumps to do a water change (half of my lights were on). During this time, the green bubble expanded to about the size it was in the LFS, pretty big. Even my white bubble which I had for a while increased in size slightly. The white bruises on their polyps are still there though, Im really curious as to what this could be...

Well this is a start anyways. Gotta find a way to position my 2 koralia evo (1400 gph) so the flow isn't bugging them as much.

greech

AC Moderators
May 13, 2009
Tallahassee, FL
Real Name
Graham
Each polyp has its own set of feeding/stinging tentacles and I believe that is what you are seeing (just not fully extended. I agree they look ok and don;t like a ton of flow on them. Be careful not to place them too close to other corals. They will light up just about anything around them.

ThatNewFishGuy

AC Members
May 4, 2010
Each polyp has its own set of feeding/stinging tentacles and I believe that is what you are seeing (just not fully extended. I agree they look ok and don;t like a ton of flow on them. Be careful not to place them too close to other corals. They will light up just about anything around them.
Ohhhhh, that is great to know! might sound stupid but i thought maybe when i moved them, i somehow made the skeleton push up against the inside of the polyps and it damaged them or something.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store