Snowball shrimp?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Neatfish

AC Members
May 1, 2012
My Bat Cave somwhere in TX
What do you think of snowball shrimp in a 29g with a betta, neon tetras, glowlights and ghost shrimp? Will they be fine? Has anyone ever kept them?

ManEatingShrimp

AC Members
Jan 28, 2012
ghost shrimp are agressive towards other shrimp and will probably kill them. snowball shrimp are just like cherry shrimp but a different color variation so they are pretty easy to take care of. the beta might also be a problem. Most people say its hit or miss with betas and shrimp.

Neatfish

AC Members
May 1, 2012
My Bat Cave somwhere in TX
Thanks. I guess I'll get more ghost shrimp. I might just wait until i get my 12g long and get snowball shrimp or Rcs or both.

Kaosu

AC Members
Oct 22, 2010
Washington State
Thanks. I guess I'll get more ghost shrimp. I might just wait until i get my 12g long and get snowball shrimp or Rcs or both.
snow ball shrimp are the same a cherry shrimp if you put them together the babies will just be brown.

esoepr1976

AC Members
Oct 27, 2012
Iowa
Real Name
Emily
I'm not going to mix them with cherry shrimp. They will go in the tank with ghost shrimp.
I believe the first person to respond said the ghost shrimp would kill them. So, putting them in the same tank with ghost shrimp isn't the best idea. Also, you must have a very well behaved betta if he doesn't eat your ghost shrimp. All the bettas I've know would make a quick snack out of the smaller shrimps.

Emily

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store