My Cichlids are Fraidy Cats

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

lisaemc2

AC Members
Feb 14, 2010
Boston, MA. USA
I had 2 10 gallon tanks populated w/ Mollies. I had to post on craigslist to find homes for all the babies but when the parents started to die of old age, my oldest lived to an ancient 3 yrs, I decided to get a larger set-up so I could get cichlids. I jumped the gun and got 2 Africans before I got the new tank. The car broke down and I had to go out of the country for @ 2 weeks. When I got back my Demasoni was pregnant. 4 of the 8 fry survived. I moved my Electric Yellow Labio to the bottom tank then moved the Demasoni once the babies got bigger. My Demasoni got pregnant again. Finally I found a 36 gallon on craigslist and moved them all in together. I set it up with a catacomb of cavern apartments and a jungle of plants. The damaged fins from living so close have started to heal but they hide all the time, not that they were outgoing before. I'm wondering if there is a way to get them to feel more secure. There are 2 adults, 4 young-uns and one baby from the 2nd brood. I know the tank is big enough for the population but I plan on adopting the young-uns out, save for one of the males. He's a beautiful purple/champagne sharkskin. Would less fish make things better or have I just moved them around so much they no longer trust me? They come out of the shadows when I wiggle my fingers slowly at the glass.

livebearerfreak

you are hypnotized! LOL
May 31, 2005
fairchild wi 54741
Real Name
douglas harvey
Get a 55. A 36 is to small. And dems are severly aggressive... Get a group of 12 plus....

Sent from my SPH-D600 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store