Ever hav fish disappear w/o a trace?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Dionysus

AC Members
May 30, 2007
Wisconsin
Think my Firefish goby may b the 3rd fish in 3yrs thats vanished in my reef. Not writing it off yet, has pulled a Houdini before, and reappeared week later.
Seems that unless a fish dies in a reef and gets stuck to filter, you'll never see again. Maybe cleanup crew disposed of, maybe dead in crevice of live rock. Not sure. Any of u ever had MIA never to b seen again fish?

Sent from my LG-VM696 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

excuzzzeme

Stroke Survivor '05
Over the years, I have had them disappear also with no trace of them. I just chalk it up to the ghost cat that sneaks in and runs off with one or two. (The cat I have never seen)

Khemul

Sea Bunny
Oct 14, 2010
South Florida
It's the mark of a good cleanup crew. :D

Although dartfish can be illusive critters and are prone to hiding. Also check the floor...

Last edited:

glasman

Happy fishies please!
Dec 9, 2009
Louisville Ky
Real Name
Scott
I had 3, 5inch Bala Sharks vanish from my 54 corner community tank overnight. There are 30 some odd live bearers and a few Gouramis, no catfish. Checked all around the tank, in the sump, everywhere, and nothing.
Sent from my SCH-I500 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

Dionysus

AC Members
May 30, 2007
Wisconsin
It's the mark of a good cleanup crew. :D

Although dartfish can be illusive critters and are prone to hiding. Also check the floor...
The cleanup crew most likely disposed of, they r sure quik about it! Actually, 1st thing I did check was floor, lost a banded goby a yr bak when it took a leap of faith from tank. So guess I think it was CUC, or some evil carnivorous tentacled sea creature living within the reef...or that crazy illusive cat 'exuzzeme' talking bout lol

Sent from my LG-VM696 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

Ballyhoo

AC Members
Jun 27, 2010
Fairfield, CA
I lost a flame tail blenny once, never found the body. Also lost a fire fish, found him weeks later under a cabinet across the room

Sent from my ADR6300 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

SubRosa

AC Members
Jul 3, 2009
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store