Dwarf orange cpo craws help

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

MrsMoose

AC Members
May 11, 2010
Jasper,Alabama
My female is holding eggs, will post video in just a bit, I am new to these what do I need to do ? Plzzzz help

OrionGirl

No freelancing!
Aug 14, 2001
Poconos
Real Name
Sheila
Make sure there is moss and lots of hiding places. Eggs will hatch, and the babies will need someplace to hide!

MrsMoose

AC Members
May 11, 2010
Jasper,Alabama
I do not have another tank set up to place the male or the female once the babies hatch will bare bottom be okay or what should I do ?

SubRosa

AC Members
Jul 3, 2009
Bare bottom is fine as long as the babies have a tank of their own. You may lose a few more to cannibalism than you would in a tank with hiding places, but CPOs aren't as nasty as most Crays so you should still raise a good % of them.

MrsMoose

AC Members
May 11, 2010
Jasper,Alabama
Great thanks, I will move the male to a bare bottom and then her after she drops the eggs that way the babies can grow in the planted tank

Sploosh

Registered Member
Nov 18, 2012
North Van, BC
Sounds like a good plan - best parameters for the babies to grow is; 80degF, 7.8pH, GH/KH of over 10 degrees. (GH18, KH12 is what I raised mine in)
Make sure there's a lot of hidey holes for the babies - I lost over 12 from one birth to fighting over territory (3 less hiding spots than babies)

Good luck with raising the babies! :)

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store