CPO tank mates?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

fermentedhiker

AC Members
Nov 11, 2011
Warren, Maine
So I've got three CPO's in a 10gallon with a bunch of rcs. I'd like to tear the tank down and rehome everybody, but I"m not sure about where to put them. I'm curious how they have done in community tanks for any of you guys. The only real option at the moment is a 40B community tank I'm setting up. It's on it's way to being heavily planted(Anubias, Bolbitis, Amazon sword, 2 smaller swords maybe melon, 3 crypts, 1 dwarf lily, some limnophila aromatica, madagascar lace, and some red root floaters. They all are recent additions and need some time to recover and fill out(hopefully). Substrate is a organic potting soil base, capped with eco-complete. Currently flitered with a fluval 305 with a sponge prefilter and soon I'll be adding my old fluval 203. The tank will have 3 American Flagfish, and 4 Anomalochromis Thomasi which are not optional as they are being rehomed from other tanks. I was hoping to add a group of 4 peacock gudgeons and some schooling fish(either a group of tetra's or smaller barb). I'm just not sure how CPO's would do in this tank.

Any thoughts?

Thanks
Adam

OrionGirl

No freelancing!
Aug 14, 2001
Poconos
Real Name
Sheila
Are you looking for and babies to survive? I have one in with glowfish, sparkly eye white clouds and bristlenose fry. All the fish ignore the CPO, but I've not seen any babies.

fermentedhiker

AC Members
Nov 11, 2011
Warren, Maine
It would be nice to have a few survive. Not interested right now in try to get enough to sell, but it would be nice if they were slightly more than self-sustaining. It would be a long shot. The Anomalochromis are quite good at catching RCS.

OrionGirl

No freelancing!
Aug 14, 2001
Poconos
Real Name
Sheila
Anything that eats shrimp will eat CPOs, I'm pretty sure. I'd say they'd work short term, but I would make plans to setup something a little more peaceful for them long term.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store