Hello to all my fellow fish geeks

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

mardinie

Registered Member
Dec 1, 2012
Hi, my name is Marty. I thought i would introduce myself. I am in Kalamazoo, MI and have been fooling around with fish for about 7 years now. I started out with a 20 gallon tank ( and thought it was big, lol ) I have been evolving every since. I am now up to a 220 gallon tank filled with cichlids. here's a partial list of the fish in it as i am sure i will forget a few. 2 strawberry peacocks, 2 blue regal peacocks, 1 red shoulder, 1 benga/dragonblood hybrid peacock, 1 lemon jake, 1 eureka, 2 venustus, 2 species 44, 1 phenochilus tanzania, 5 orange blaze lithobates, 2 bumblebees, 1 jack dempsey, 1 blood parrot, 1 yellow lab, 1 red zebra, 1 red top zebra, 2 powder blues, 3 convicts ( always breeding makes fish food cheaper lol ) 2 cobalt blue zebras, there might be a few others but i can't think of any right now. i hope to get a few frontosa, and a few calvus in the near future and I'm sure I'll get a few more peacocks when i can find them. I am running a sunsun 304a canister filter ( great filter btw ), 3 300watt heaters, and 2 1600 gph wave makers i couldn't believe how much more active my fish were when i put them in. and its nice to have the plants move, it makes the tank look more alive. Sorry, I'm rambling. Anyways I look forward to hearing from some of you guys and if anybody knows of any good breeders in the kalamazoo mi area let me know, thanks.

Rbishop

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 30, 2005
Real Name
Mr. Normal
Welcome to AC!

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store