Aiptasia in polyp colony

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Dionysus

AC Members
May 30, 2007
Wisconsin
I posted awhile ago bout few aiptasias popping up in my tank. Been keeping reef for yrs, but for some good luck, i never had aiptasias b4. You guys gave me lots of good advice, thanks for that.
I did buy a couple peppermint shrimp for my small 20gal reef, they didn't go for the aiptasia, and now vanished. Not sure what happened 2um, sure cleanup crew disposed of. Anyways, I only got 2 aiptasia left that I can see, burned the other 3 off rock with a torch.
The last 2 r in middle of colony of zoas, not my most prized zoas, but b nice to kill the aiptasia without killing the polyps as well. Don't hav $ to buy one those fancy lasers. So how would u guys get rid of them?

Sent from my LG-VM696 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

Khemul

Sea Bunny
Oct 14, 2010
South Florida
If you can pinpoint their exact location, and be sure sealing it will trap them, gel superglue.

Dionysus

AC Members
May 30, 2007
Wisconsin
Never thought of that...i use Superglue all the time fragging corals. N I sure can pinpoint those little 'bass tards' lol...will giv it a shot...good thinking!!! thanks a bunch:):thumbup:

Ballyhoo

AC Members
Jun 27, 2010
Fairfield, CA
I've had success jabbing them with a syringe full of lemon juice and melting them, or heating up a thin piece of metal and searing them away.

greech

AC Moderators
May 13, 2009
Tallahassee, FL
Real Name
Graham
Those suggestions or buy a couple more peppermints.

Dionysus

AC Members
May 30, 2007
Wisconsin
Rite on, thanks guys...covered the couple I had left in glue for now. See what happens. B getting some more peps as soon as lfs gets more in. Thanks again :)

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store