New to forum, new to Aquaria

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

305MatNat

Registered Member
Dec 9, 2012
Hi, I'm Nat, my stepson is Mat, Mathew. He has become totally obsessed with putting together some type paludarium for a chinese water dragon. At the very least he would like fish and live plants in the tank as well, he'd put much more in the tank if he thought he could. I my self will help him put it together, hopefully use some reserve and reason aswell. As kid I put several tanks together like a paludarium, some sucessfull, some total disasters, I want to avoid the later. We want to do this right, and we are aware the project may get pretty large. Anyhow this forum seems like a great place to start formulating ideas, and seek advise. I look forward to doing this with my step son, I look forward to any help this forum can provide, and I hope post our progress and constructively participate in the forum!

Rbishop

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 30, 2005
Real Name
Mr. Normal
Welcome to AC!

maddy72

Registered Member
Jan 18, 2013
Hello all, I have a 10 inch silver arowana from couple of months, when my frien got it for me it was 6 inches long then and its in a 2 feet tank initially was feeding dry shrimps and somebody suggested not to feed dry shrimps as it would block its digestive system and recommended monster fish sinking pellets. Initially it did not eat for a week and then it started eating one pellet, but now I put two pellets and and some times it eats and some times it spits it out at the other corner of the aquarium. I am confused what needs to be done for it to eat and at times it's not comfortable so I keep the light on during the night and turn off in the morning. It's swimming actively and I change water weekly once about 20 percent and its the only fish in the tank and its just a plain tank with no decorations inside. I have set the temperature to 28 degree centigrade and an aerator and filter no gravels. Just a fort toy so that it can hide. I am not sure why its not eating as it suppose to eat before the Pallet sink. A times It eats when no one is around. Want to know what am I doing wrong?

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store