WC in a a shrimp tank

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

shua71

AC Members
Dec 16, 2011
Los Angeles
Hey guys I just started keeping blue rili. I have had them for about 2 weeks and I bought 6 of them. I use an Aqua Clear 30 as filtration and ada amazonia as substrate in a 15 gallon tank. A few days ago I did a WC about 30% and Lost 3 shrimp. The shrimp were fine for the 2 weeks I had them up until the WC. The remaining three are now doing fine. I used regular tap water and dosed it with prime. Is there a different way I should be doing WCs? I have a RODI unit and was wondering if i should use that instead.

Thanks for the help!!

jayla2251

AC Members
Jul 1, 2012
Wichita, KS
www.facebook.com
Real Name
Jayla
Was the temp of the new water very drastically differant? Do you test your tap water? I know mine has ammonia in it.

Only way to really know is if you test your water, before and after.

Ptrick125

Learning a lot everyday
Feb 2, 2012
Georgetown(Near Austin) ,Texas
www.patrick.international
Real Name
Patrick
Hey guys I just started keeping blue rili. I have had them for about 2 weeks and I bought 6 of them. I use an Aqua Clear 30 as filtration and ada amazonia as substrate in a 15 gallon tank. A few days ago I did a WC about 30% and Lost 3 shrimp. The shrimp were fine for the 2 weeks I had them up until the WC. The remaining three are now doing fine. I used regular tap water and dosed it with prime. Is there a different way I should be doing WCs? I have a RODI unit and was wondering if i should use that instead.

Thanks for the help!!
As Jayla said, it might have been temperature. If it is something in the water, the RODI water should take it out.

Sent from my iPod touch using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

sorberj

wannabe fish whisperer
Sep 14, 2009
McCleary, WA
Real Name
Jerad
Be careful if using RODI water though, it doesn't have any buffering capacity so you could end up with wild pH swings. If you're filling your tank directly with a python and just putting the prime in to the tank, are you dosing for the total volume of the tank? For some of my more sensitive species, I treat my water in a bucket, let it sit for 10 minutes or so and then put it in the tank.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store