shrimp and dry ferts...

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Fish_Bone

AC Members
Jun 14, 2012
Central Illinois
Real Name
Samual
I have been planning my 75 gallon out and decided I am going full blown planted, co2, dry ferts, bright lights, etc.

Well while reading about the EI method of dosing I noticed that plantex CSM+B break down is:

Plantex CSM + B is composed of 1.50% magnesium, 0.10% chelated copper, 7.0% chelated iron, 2.0% manganese, 0.06% molybdenum, 0.40% zinc, 0.04% boron.

I thought copper was deadly for shrimp?

Or would the small amount I would be dosing be sooo miniscule after being dispersed in the 75 gallons of water it would no longer be a threat?

Fish_Bone

AC Members
Jun 14, 2012
Central Illinois
Real Name
Samual
I guess I will buy some shrimp and plantex and give it a go, I'll let you guys know what happens...

Sent from my HTC PH39100 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

TL1000RSquid

AC Members
Apr 6, 2011
NY
Although copper is deadly, very small amounts wont hurt. I won't say thats a safe amount cause I don't the specific numbers of whats safe and whats not. I have used root tabs, and DIY type root tabs filled with dry ferts with shrimp and didn't have any issues though.

Fish_Bone

AC Members
Jun 14, 2012
Central Illinois
Real Name
Samual
Although copper is deadly, very small amounts wont hurt. I won't say thats a safe amount cause I don't the specific numbers of whats safe and whats not. I have used root tabs, and DIY type root tabs filled with dry ferts with shrimp and didn't have any issues though.
Hhhhmmmm...well I am sure we have a member who knows the answer.

But your post gives me confidence to try it.

Sent from my HTC PH39100 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

James0816

AC Members
Feb 14, 2007
I dose dry ferts and don't have any issues with my shrimpie friends.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store