Cloudy eye???

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Mr.Salmon

AC Members
Nov 25, 2012
It's my birthday and i went to my LFS to buy some fish (my birthday present). When i came back home and acclimated my fish (celbes rainbowfish) and i realized one of my fish has cloudy eye! :( Anybody know a treatment for it??? (another rainbowfish has a bent spine and it looked like it was about to die, i was like s**t!)

OrionGirl

No freelancing!
Aug 14, 2001
Poconos
Real Name
Sheila
I'd give putting the fish in a healthy environment a good shot. Often, cloudy eyes are from trauma, kind of like a bruise, and being in a healthy tank with good food is all that's needed. Monitor, make sure the fish is eating, then give it a few days.

Dangerdoll

Global Moderator
Aug 27, 2002
Roselle Park, NJ
aquariacentral.com
Real Name
Cori
Cloudy eye can also be from unfavorable water conditions. This could be anything from no maintenance to a sudden start of water changes or by disturbing the gravel in the tank and releasing anaerobic pockets in the gravel. Either way, Orion is right, a healthy tank is the best med for the fish. Keep an eye on the ammonia/nitrite/nitrate levels on the tank and up on your water changing schedule. Instead of going once a week as is recommended, maybe try twice a week with 25% each time. Either way, I don't believe there is a med that can cure it that is better than pritine water conditions. If there is now, it wasn't available 10 years ago.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store