PH Help

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

TL1000RSquid

AC Members
Apr 6, 2011
NY
When are you testing the water?In the morning 8.0ph isn't bad, PH will swing being low at night higher in the afternoon. Seachem Marine Buffer, or Kalkwasser will bring it up, Marine Buffer is more newbie safe.

Ballyhoo

AC Members
Jun 27, 2010
Fairfield, CA
I have my tank lights and sump lights on opposite times to prevent pH swings during the night

Khemul

Sea Bunny
Oct 14, 2010
South Florida
... how can I bring it to 8.4
Don't.

Trying to hit an exact number often causes more trouble then it fixes. Figure out the range the tank goes through throughout the day. If it is a rollercoaster ride, then maybe it'll be a good idea to start looking at correcting things. But if it is just a steady shift between a specific range then that is just what your tank wants to run at.

the wizard

Is it really Niko's fault?
Jan 28, 2010
Real Name
David
Don't.

Trying to hit an exact number often causes more trouble then it fixes. Figure out the range the tank goes through throughout the day. If it is a rollercoaster ride, then maybe it'll be a good idea to start looking at correcting things. But if it is just a steady shift between a specific range then that is just what your tank wants to run at.
+1

You should definitely see what range you are running throughout a 24 hr period. I try to avoid adding anything to my tanks to alter something that can be corrected without them. Adding things to alter one reading could cause another to go out of whack. It is a simple matter of cause and effect.

RisiganL.

AC Members
Feb 24, 2010
Raleigh, NC
Real Name
Risigan Logendran
Some products made for Tang cichlids can bring the pH up to 8.4, but it is not neccessary. Your pH is fine at it is for fish prefering high pH and tampering with pH can often lead to complications.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store