Source for Live Rock

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

kvp

Registered Member
Sep 8, 2012
I'm just about ready to make my first purchase of live rock. Wondered if anyone has any recommendations on a supplier that you have been happy with?

Ptrick125

Learning a lot everyday
Feb 2, 2012
Georgetown(Near Austin) ,Texas
www.patrick.international
Real Name
Patrick
I'm just about ready to make my first purchase of live rock. Wondered if anyone has any recommendations on a supplier that you have been happy with?
A lot of people buy from Marco rocks

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

tsdpurdue

tsdpurdue
Feb 25, 2007
Indiana
I know u said live rock, but if you really want to save money I would buy dry rock and just buy a couple of pieces of live rock to seed it. I bought dry rock from bulkreefsupply and was really happy with it!! I think it was only around $2.40 a pound.

I have bought live rock from liveaquaria.com (through fosterandsmith.com) really liked what I got. However I think you have to buy a minimum of like 45lbs.

TL1000RSquid

AC Members
Apr 6, 2011
NY
I've bought all my live rock locally, but I know a few people who've bought the dry/live packages from marco and been happy, the live rock was fairly clean as far hitchikers go. If you want hitchhikers Tampa Bay is a good source though tends to be more bad hitchhikers.

ThatNewFishGuy

AC Members
May 4, 2010
I personally really like Marco rocks...BRS reef saver is probably my favorite as far as look but the deals you get with marco makes it the better pic overall IMO.

the wizard

Is it really Niko's fault?
Jan 28, 2010
Real Name
David
Personally, I use my LFS, costs a little more but I pick out the pieces I want and with today's economy the small business owner needs all the hlp they can get.

greech

AC Moderators
May 13, 2009
Tallahassee, FL
Real Name
Graham
I agree with Marcos and BRS dry rock and I am pretty sure Marcos now sells cured dry rock. If you want something other than a little bacterial life on it (not neccessarily a bad thing), I would suggest TBS...

http://tbsaltwater.com/

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store