Firemouth question.

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Williamc141

AC Members
Oct 27, 2012
I have a 75 gallon tank, The fish I have now are:

6- tiger barbs. Want to get 4 more in the future.
6-peppered cories
2-false julii cories

Would a firemouth work with these fish? The peppered cories are pretty large but the julii's are kinda small. The firemouth at my LFS is still quite small. Maybe 2" big.

Fishfiles1

AC Members
Mar 3, 2008
Lansing Michigan/Mesick Michigan
Real Name
Ben
i love fire mouth meekis, they can be a little temperamental to things near there fun spots, how ever i did manage to keep 2 male fire mouths with a school of 7 panda corys for about a year with no problems. I would guess that not every fire mouth is going to be that nice to a fish of that size, it is good to remember that a fire mouth can and will eat a fish that it can fit in its mouth. Add the fire mouths and see, if there is a problem you have one of two things to do, ether the fire mouths go, or the corys.

GEV83

Top Dog!!!
Jun 19, 2002
LA County, California
Real Name
Gabriel (Gabe)
I got some thorichthys not meeki though and they do get temperamental when near there hang out spot but not any where near as bad as other Central American cichlids. I would depend on that individual fishes temperament though. Not a big bruiser though so predation is the biggest concern. They do got smallish mouths though.

Sent from my iPod touch using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store