Hello Hello

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Coler

AC Members
Jan 30, 2007
It's been that long that I decided to re-introduce myself :)

Hi to all old friends - apologies for falling out of touch (especially msjinkzd who I do however see dominating the world regularly on facebook). It's been a while since I had some time to focus on fish and fish related matters - a lot of water under bridge since I was last regular.

This year I've gotten married and my unfortunate wife is expecting our first baby in the New Year, so that's dominating much of our lives right now. We have also just (yesterday) sold up and moved to a new house (I don't want to talk about it) during the course of which I have successfully relocated my tank.

The tank is the same but the fish have changed - some deaths (some natural, others unfortunate and to be frank some down to my being unable to meet proper standards as regards maintenance for the stocking) and some moved out (too many fish in the tank, especially when the buggers could not be prevented from fornicating).

There are still a couple of the originals from way back when in there though.

Setting it up this time around I've also done things better so to speak rather than bodging along. (2 CrystalProfi 1501's on it, a sexy 300W external filter, T5 lighting, stripped out the Juwel internal stuff). I love that the only gear in the tank is the inlet/outlets from the filter. I love the 1501's full stop. I remember when I started I had the tank installed in a purpose built unit which prevented running an external filter and which made maintenance a nightmare (running a Juwel internal and a Fluval internal - solid kit for some jobs but not my tank).

I took a few shots during the move - I must say, moving 180L's was that much of a job I dare not think of shifting a larger unit - and when the tank has settled down I will post an updated pic. For now it seems that all inhabitants (8 Mbuna, some syno. nigriventris, some syno. petricola, a small pleco which I had ID'd on Planet Catfish and must go an look up his L number again) made the move in good health. I am waiting to see how many of my plants die off but they are hardy enough (just some java fern, anubias stuff).

I hope you are all well and are enjoying a very happy and peaceful festive season - I will hopefully be able to enjoy the site actively in the new year.

Cheers,

Coler :)

sorberj

wannabe fish whisperer
Sep 14, 2009
McCleary, WA
Real Name
Jerad
Speaking as someone who also just returned from an AC haiatus, welcome back!

Rbishop

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 30, 2005
Real Name
Mr. Normal
Welcome! About time you dropped in!

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store