What shrimp do you have/have had?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Ptrick125

Learning a lot everyday
Feb 2, 2012
Georgetown(Near Austin) ,Texas
www.patrick.international
Real Name
Patrick
I am planning on making my 5.5 gallon a shrimp tank. It will have to look good since it is going in my dad's "office". What kind of shrimp do you keep? Any tips that you have on shrimp keeping? If you have a picture of your tank, feel free to share.

My experience so far is with ghost shrimp and SW shrimp...

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

metricliman

Senior Member (not)
Dec 6, 2012
New York
I have red cherry shrimp. Cheap and pretty.

Rbishop

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 30, 2005
Real Name
Mr. Normal
Cocktail, fried, scampi, grilled, and peel & eat......

TL1000RSquid

AC Members
Apr 6, 2011
NY
RCS, CRS. Amamo, Bamboo, ghost. I'd go with cherries cheap and easy. I'd also suggest looking into some nano fish to throw in as well, freshwater shrimp are pretty boring.

Ptrick125

Learning a lot everyday
Feb 2, 2012
Georgetown(Near Austin) ,Texas
www.patrick.international
Real Name
Patrick
RCS, CRS. Amamo, Bamboo, ghost. I'd go with cherries cheap and easy. I'd also suggest looking into some nano fish to throw in as well, freshwater shrimp are pretty boring.
I think I'll go with endler's...

Sent from my iPod touch using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

jayla2251

AC Members
Jul 1, 2012
Wichita, KS
www.facebook.com
Real Name
Jayla
Well these are the names that I bought them as. Of course, red cherry shrimp. I bought some sakura, bee, tiawan, and green shrimp.

I've kept them with endlers, a betta (I had to wait out and see his personality he's never even flared up at any shrimp), least killis...

I suggest planted tank. When I first moved some sakura's in with my betta there weren't a whole ton of plants. But I have this plant that will grow in mud I swear and it's taken over both my 5g shrimp/fish tanks.

Here's the plant in my 5g when it gets so full - I have to remove a bunch so that the fish can actually get to the top again
001.JPG

I just went and snapped some pics of the tanks, they are not the greatest pictures lol

039.JPG041.JPG042.JPG

Sucks tho, I ordered some shrimp and they've been stuck in the mail all week. Idk if and when I get them they'll be alive :(

001.JPG 039.JPG 041.JPG 042.JPG

jayla2251

AC Members
Jul 1, 2012
Wichita, KS
www.facebook.com
Real Name
Jayla
Oh, and in the past when we used to have a LFS that was great and always had ghost shrimp (mostly for feeders) I would buy them but they never lasted that long. I've heard they are hard to get to breed also.

TheFishBoss97

AC Members
Feb 12, 2011
San Jose, CA
Real Name
Ritap
I no longer own...

Green Babaulti
Tiger

I currently own...

Yellow
Red Cherry
Fire Red
Red Rili
Blue Rili
Crystal Red

hoping to get some blue pearls and tigers again once i get another tank to prevent crossbreeding

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store