Black ghost knife fish not eaten for two days now !!

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

rajdeeprath

AC Members
Jul 17, 2012
Hi

I got a black ghost knife a month ago, I made a cave like structure for him, and shaded rhe lighting for his sake. He was very happy eating tubiflex worms (half cube each day) , till now. Just two days past he hasn't been eating his food and itseft in the cave.

He is active, comes out to.play and explore the aquarium and does everything usual except for eating.

The only thing that has.changed recently is the water temperature perhaps due to sudden cold wave. I have put in a heater to help him, but its still the same. He is moving around and everyrhing but not eating. He has grown about half a inch or so in the last month. He would be a total of 3-4 inches now.

Any suggestions are welcomed. I am kind of worried though to be honest.

Sent from my HTC Sensation Z710e using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

SubRosa

AC Members
Jul 3, 2009
What is the temp? Have you tested the water?

metricliman

Senior Member (not)
Dec 6, 2012
New York
What else is in the tank? Tank size?

metricliman

Senior Member (not)
Dec 6, 2012
New York
Your tank is much to small. Around 26 gallons. Your knife and koi will outgrow the tank.

What are the water parameters?

rajdeeprath

AC Members
Jul 17, 2012
Yes I know am upgrading soon in 3-4 months to a double size tank. Won't this be ok till then ? This is a very old tank so i will be getting a larger one - double of this.

Ph value seems to be between 7.0 to 7.4. Temperature of water is warm now probably around 28 deg.celcius or little more.

I change 50% water every 10-14 days.

Bgk seems active as he plays inside his.home and outside as well, but still not eating as it used to till 5-6 days ago.

metricliman

Senior Member (not)
Dec 6, 2012
New York
I mean parameters such as ammonia, nitrite, and nitrate.

rajdeeprath

AC Members
Jul 17, 2012
Oh sorry.

Forgive my ignorance, I only have a ph kit that I got last month. It's little difficult to get those kits here easily. Still I manage to get whatever I can for my fish. My koi is completing 8 years now and golds are 3 years now. Is there any other way I can test ?

I do change water at intervals to keep nitrites in check. The filter is a handmade water cycling one. That uses under gravel and top filteration in one cycle.

Also the tank is actually 160 litres actually not 100.

metricliman

Senior Member (not)
Dec 6, 2012
New York
To keep nitrites or nitrates in check?
If the tank has cycled properly, you should be fine with the water parameters.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store