• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

NicholeS

Registered Member
Dec 23, 2012
Hi, I'm Nichole S. I'm new to fish. Mom always had a tank but I inherited hers. It's a 55 gallon freshwater. I'm keeping community fish right now. I want to get away from the mollys, platies and guppies she always kept. I want to make it my own. Right now I have 4 black skirted tetras, 2 long finned red tetra minors, 3 red and blue Gourami's, a dinosaur birchir (sp), 6 micky mouse mollies, 3 wag tail platties, 3 dalmatian mollies, and 3 guppies, 2 snails and a chinese algae eater. Right now we are battling ich on my black skirted tetras and my dalmatian mollies are flashing. Doing all I know how to do and nothing is helping.

We are also looking into setting up a specimine tank for my husbands dinosaur. As it turns out he is a carnivore with lungs!!!

any tips would be greatly appreciated!!!!
thanks!

Rbishop

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 30, 2005
Real Name
Mr. Normal
Welcome to AC! Have you tried heat and table salt?

Coler

AC Members
Jan 30, 2007
Welcome to AC - setting up a separate tank for the Bichir would be a great idea when you have dealt with the ich - you have a lot on you hands right now.

Raising tank temperature and adding salt is the best treatment for ich bar none.

TexasCupcake

Registered Member
Dec 28, 2012
For battling ich i have been told to slowly raise the temp to 84-86 and add half the dose of aquarium salt to your tank.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store