fixture doesnt work time to retro fit

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Fishfiles1

AC Members
Mar 3, 2008
Lansing Michigan/Mesick Michigan
Real Name
Ben

XanAvaloni

AC Members
Nov 13, 2009
this fixture is designed to light up warehouses and other LARGE open spaces. Not at all designed to light up a little (comparatively speaking) box of water. YOu could try it I suppose but I somehow doubt the end result would be much like the output of the aquarium-designed fixture but at a third the price. Actually more like 2/3 the price once you figure in the price of bulbs. I'm as stingy as they come but imho nearly $200 is a lot to spend on an experiment.

of course I suppose if it doesn't work for the aquarium you could sell it to somebody for a big garage light or somesuch and get your money back that way. :)

Fishfiles1

AC Members
Mar 3, 2008
Lansing Michigan/Mesick Michigan
Real Name
Ben
i have no clue, it just wont turn on anymore, i tested the connecters for curent and they arnt getting it, but i do have power leaving the switch, i think it is the bals. i ordered all 6 bulbs i needed from pet mountain for 11 bucks a peice for corallife T-5HO there is no way anyone could beat that price, but yet again maybe so. if any one has ideas on how to fix my fixture that would be cool i did spend 600 bucks on it 5 years ago

thanks again for all the help
i ordered 2 atinic blue
2 6700k
1 10000k
and one color max

dbosman

AC Members
Dec 5, 2010
East Lansing, MI USA
There are only two parts. Ballast and lamps.
Can you test the lamps in someones fixture?
New ballasts, that could be used in another project, or sold, if not needed - will cost less than the high bay retro fit.
The high bay retro fits usually have one or two reflectors, by the way. That ad suggests only one. It fits fine in the unit it ships with. Retrofitting it into an existing fixture might be a frustrating cut and rivet project.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store