I think the sps problems are contagious...

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Ballyhoo

AC Members
Jun 27, 2010
Fairfield, CA
Noticed something demolished half of a birdsnest colony I have.

Sent from my Droid using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

Ballyhoo

AC Members
Jun 27, 2010
Fairfield, CA
Any ideas what happened?

Sent from my Droid using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

XanAvaloni

AC Members
Nov 13, 2009
do you have a Before picture, preferably from more or less the same angle? I am not knowlegeable enough to have any clue that there even is anything wrong with what i'm seeing, much less any idea of why.

greech

AC Moderators
May 13, 2009
Tallahassee, FL
Real Name
Graham
Did this happen quick or over a few days? I see a bare spot and polyp extension doesn't look good but I can't tell if parts of the coral are missing.

Ballyhoo

AC Members
Jun 27, 2010
Fairfield, CA
I can't say how quickly it happened, but within the past week for sure. It's a coral in the back of the rock work that can only be viewed from the far side of the tank, so it doesn't get viewed that often.

my params are....
Specific Gravity - 1.025
Mg - 1220ppm
Ca - 390ppm
kH - 10.9
No3 - .145
Po4 - .06I

It is water change day too, the bucket is mixing.

I'm also looking to get some input on my algae problem, should I just discuss it here or bother making a new thread?

Cheech

Global Moderator
Jan 13, 2000
Montreal, Canada
I can't say how quickly it happened, but within the past week for sure. It's a coral in the back of the rock work that can only be viewed from the far side of the tank, so it doesn't get viewed that often.

my params are....
Specific Gravity - 1.025
Mg - 1220ppm
Ca - 390ppm
kH - 10.9
No3 - .145
Po4 - .06I

It is water change day too, the bucket is mixing.

I'm also looking to get some input on my algae problem, should I just discuss it here or bother making a new thread?
Maybe your kh is a little high? Anything change with your lighting lately?

For the algae you should make a new thread so members can address that issue specifically.

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

Ballyhoo

AC Members
Jun 27, 2010
Fairfield, CA
that is about how high kH is normally, I was under the impression that it was best to have it around 12?
Nothing at all has changed lighting wise. I at first thought the emerald crab could be eating it? I looks broken but there are no bits laying in the surrounding sand bed.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store