Pictures of my 24 NanoCube LED

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

cpetrosky

AC Members
Jan 22, 2011
Mooresville NC
Real Name
Chris Petrosky
Tank background:

Fish:
percula clown
sixline wrasse
tailspot blenny
ghost ribbon eel

Inverts:

Clam
nerites
florida ceriths
dwarf ceriths
astreas
emerald crab
hermit crabs

Coral (try to list all but might leave one or two out)

GSP
Green ricordia
kenya tree
pulsing xenia
giant xenia
various zoanthids
various pallys
green candy cane
frogspawn
hammer
scolly brain
orange acans
green birdsnest
pink birdsnest
rainbow birdsnest
orange monty cap
pink monte cap
red encrusting sps (unknown)

equipment:

24 gallon JBJ nano cube

60W DIY LED light with 3W bridgelux LEDs

Resun Skimmer

middle chamber refugium

upgraded return to maxijet 900

hydor rotating deflector on return

IMG_1679.JPGIMG_1598.JPGIMG_1588.JPGIMG_1584.JPGIMG_1678.JPGIMG_0190.JPGIMG_0091.JPGIMG_1677.JPG

IMG_0091.JPG IMG_0190.JPG IMG_1584.JPG IMG_1588.JPG IMG_1598.JPG IMG_1677.JPG IMG_1678.JPG IMG_1679.JPG

greech

AC Moderators
May 13, 2009
Tallahassee, FL
Real Name
Graham
Nice cube. Didn't know you had one? Good choice on upgrading to LEDs. Those cubes can become sweatboxes from the PCs :).

No other flow except the MJ 900?

How long have you had the eel?

cpetrosky

AC Members
Jan 22, 2011
Mooresville NC
Real Name
Chris Petrosky
Been running 30w of led along side the stock lighting for months but just went full led.

Yes the maxijet is the only flow

Had the eel for 4 months now. He's about 14" and eats shrimp from my hand every week.

XanAvaloni

AC Members
Nov 13, 2009
if I can stop gaping long enough to ask a question...this is one of those all-in-one tank setups right? ( Which I lust after because I am too plumbing-ignorant (and also chicken) to figure out how to hook up an external sump.) But also, aren't the lights built into the hood? How did you attach a DIY or any other sort of lighting device? Remove the existing one and fit it in that space, reattaching same wiring? Or was it a more complicated modification ?

cpetrosky

AC Members
Jan 22, 2011
Mooresville NC
Real Name
Chris Petrosky
if I can stop gaping long enough to ask a question...this is one of those all-in-one tank setups right? ( Which I lust after because I am too plumbing-ignorant (and also chicken) to figure out how to hook up an external sump.) But also, aren't the lights built into the hood? How did you attach a DIY or any other sort of lighting device? Remove the existing one and fit it in that space, reattaching same wiring? Or was it a more complicated modification ?

the diy was about as easy as it gets, i took the bulbs out of the hood, then using a thermal adhesice tape mounted the leds on the reflector. each led is mounted on a starboard and then the starboards are in turn mounted on a 1cm tall star shaped heatsink. the stock fans in the hood are keeping things cooler that they did when the stock bulbs were in there!

cpetrosky

AC Members
Jan 22, 2011
Mooresville NC
Real Name
Chris Petrosky
Thanks for all the support guys, this is the website that got me started almost 8 years ago when i was 10 setting up my first real tank that i took time to research into. i lurked for years before making an account and every single one of you has helped me in some way shape or form in the years sense. Tho alot of the board is mainly freshwater oriented there always seems to be someone with an answer for the saltwater problems or at the very least a confidence boost to keep going. All of you and my few friends on Nano-Reef.com were the ones that made this tank and my freshwaater tanks all possible. Thank you everyone for being there over the years:)

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store