Daffodil Cichlid breeding Journal

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

RisiganL.

AC Members
Feb 24, 2010
Raleigh, NC
Real Name
Risigan Logendran
I just got some daffodil cichlids (n. pulcher) and I decided to set up a little thread following their progress as I attempt to get them to breed. I got the cichlids from Cichlid Express, an absolutly great place! The guy working there was very patient and he knew his stuff, he was more than ready to answer all of my questions. Right now I have 1 male and 2 females in a 29 gallons. I will post some pics soon, but I warn you that they will not be of the greatest quality. One question to start off, will Tetracolor flakes be fine for them? I am worried that is may contain too much protien (49%). Any thoughts?

RisiganL.

AC Members
Feb 24, 2010
Raleigh, NC
Real Name
Risigan Logendran
How are yours doing? I am wondering if a pair will form and I have to remove the other female, or if they will become a breeding trio.

Pittbull

ALL BOW DOWN TO THE FIN GODS
Apr 14, 2007
Louisville Kentucky
Real Name
Mike
Daffodil's are def one of the carnivores in the Tang community of species so you def want to feed a higher protein diet and is what i feed all of my Carnivorous Tang's i actually buy only high protein foods for mine usually in the range of 50% plus so a high protein diet will def help yours out.. As for the trio once he selects the female he wants you will have to remove the one out or she will be killed off..

RisiganL.

AC Members
Feb 24, 2010
Raleigh, NC
Real Name
Risigan Logendran
That's what I thought. Just makin sure. These daffodils are aggressive little guys! Only a few minutes after placing them in the tank they started lip locking. Now they have settled down and have claimed their own little parts of the tank.

RisiganL.

AC Members
Feb 24, 2010
Raleigh, NC
Real Name
Risigan Logendran
Here are the pics of the tank and fish. DSC02224.JPGDSC02226.JPG DSC02229.JPG DSC02235.JPG The fish are around 2" long and are doing well so far.

DSC02224.JPG DSC02226.JPG DSC02229.JPG DSC02235.JPG

Pittbull

ALL BOW DOWN TO THE FIN GODS
Apr 14, 2007
Louisville Kentucky
Real Name
Mike
Nice aquascape just pay attention to the point where the male claims his female then remove the outed female and you should have a colony within the year if not sooner..

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store