Nano Evolve 8

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

jasonG75

AC Members
Jun 1, 2010
Memphis, TN
Hey guys I finally took that leap. 8gal Nano Evolve

I changed out the crappy stock pump and replaced it with a MaxJet 400 also in the beginning stages of a 3 level media basket. Purchasing a replacment LED clip on because stock just isnt good enough

BeamsWork Ultra Reef LED Clamp-on Light Fixture 11" 3W x 6

SW1.JPG SW4.JPG SW2.JPG

TL1000RSquid

AC Members
Apr 6, 2011
NY
Looks good, maybe consider a future upgrade to Korelia nano pump, quite a bit smaller then the MJ's.

At some point I want to do a small nano again thats all invert's maybe a goby. Sexy shrimp, pompom crab, hermits, maxi mini, rock flower nem.

greech

AC Moderators
May 13, 2009
Tallahassee, FL
Real Name
Graham
Very nice. There are some really nice nano/pico tanks out there now. Is this glass or acrylic?

So the LEDs pictured come with the tank?

jasonG75

AC Members
Jun 1, 2010
Memphis, TN
Very nice. There are some really nice nano/pico tanks out there now. Is this glass or acrylic?

So the LEDs pictured come with the tank?
Yes this is the stock light in the pic. Several have gone the Evolve route and said the stock light is sufficient for some mushrooms. I want to do a little more than mushrooms. Since I am a fw planted guy I want my focus on the reef and not so much on the inhabitants.
It's acrylic.

Not 100% on the stock just yet or anywhere near putting any in. My ideas as of right now
Yellow watchman goby or
Maybe a couple of firefish or
a single clown
Just not sure or interested yet. I actually got my first mushroom today and totally excited about it.
I want a sw for the colorful coral and inverts.

jasonG75

AC Members
Jun 1, 2010
Memphis, TN
Looks good, maybe consider a future upgrade to Korelia nano pump, quite a bit smaller then the MJ's.
You don't see the MJ pump, it's in the back chamber so as long as it fits in the chamber it doesn't matter. Now what I would like to find is a better power head. I don't like my SEIO 320, I would like to find something (2) that doesn't stick out like a sore thumb. Any suggestions?

TL1000RSquid

AC Members
Apr 6, 2011
NY
You don't see the MJ pump, it's in the back chamber so as long as it fits in the chamber it doesn't matter. Now what I would like to find is a better power head. I don't like my SEIO 320, I would like to find something (2) that doesn't stick out like a sore thumb. Any suggestions?
Ah didn't think the intank one looked like a MJ. The Koralia Nano's, or Tunze Nanostreams are about as small as you'll get while still having good flow and not breaking the bank.

greech

AC Moderators
May 13, 2009
Tallahassee, FL
Real Name
Graham
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store