Is it tumor ?? Is my fish going to die ?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

rajdeeprath

AC Members
Jul 17, 2012
Hi,

After a lot.of stressful struggles with my aquarium keeping, things are getting out of hand.

My gold fish is about 3 years now. He had one side of his waist slightly bulging last year. I just noticed that it had become larger now. Don't know but i think its a tumor type thing ?? Can some one please help me ? It looks like the lump is growing.

Tank : 150 liters
Fish : 1 koi, 2 gold , 1 bgk
Filteration : custom full cycling water fountain type.

Video on issue : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UNQnnDEUnUs

I have found these on eBay, do you think I should try these ?

http://www.ebay.in/itm/Aquarium-Medicine-fish-/140809233954

Sent from my HTC Sensation Z710e using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

Last edited:

excuzzzeme

Stroke Survivor '05
The broad spectrum antibiotic can't hurt; the paracide is copper-based and will kill all inverts if you have any; The pH down is only to help manage high pH and unless it extraordinarily high, I see no need for it.

The antibiotic won't hurt to keep on hand and I can't tell you what good the cupramine would be. I personally have never used cupramine.

rajdeeprath

AC Members
Jul 17, 2012
Hi

Thank you for your reply. You helped me before too, am really grateful. That medicine package is a single pack of 3 meds. Go if i buy I get all three. But basically what I want to do is help my gold fish somehow. Either resolving the lump or stopping it from growing. Advice me please.

excuzzzeme

Stroke Survivor '05
I did not advise on the lump as there could be multiple reasons for it and I just not confident enough to tell you to do A, B, C to fix it.

It can be a tumor, air bubble, a symptom of too much protein etc. Sorry I can't help on that count.

rajdeeprath

AC Members
Jul 17, 2012
Ok no problem. Thanks anyways. I will wait for someone to help me out. About the medicines can you tell me which one is the antibiotic ?

excuzzzeme

Stroke Survivor '05
The first one in the picture. The one that is blue in color. The second one is the anti-parasitic, third one is the Ph down.

The anti-parasitic is the one that contains cupramine (chelated copper)

rajdeeprath

AC Members
Jul 17, 2012
Just making follow ups to this thread as I am having trouble starting a new one.

Https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DTH9AAUyTK0

(More videos in the channel)

So this fish of mine has had this lump like swelling for about 2 years now without much problem. All of a sudden this has grown larger. I have treated with salt baths, myxazin, malachite green but without results. During rhe treatments the fish was quarantined in separate containment.

So now after a week or two I would want to put him back with others. I just want to kbow if this is a contagious condition or not .

Some one please help out.

rajdeeprath

AC Members
Jul 17, 2012
Sorry for updating this so late. But better late than never :) .

I used oxytetracycline to make small capsules and fed my fish. It recovered within a week. None of the commercial mess worked. Just got me spending.

Then I released my koi in a nearby pond for the best. So i now have my 2 goldies and a bkg.

Thanks a ton to those who helped out here.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store