I find the coolest infections >.< Don't click if you're squeemish...

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Ballyhoo

AC Members
Jun 27, 2010
Fairfield, CA
I went to MEPS and picked up a staph infection...lucky me.
I noticed the infection 2 days after MEPS, assumed it was just a bit of razor burn on my knee and decided to keep an eye on it. 2 days later I went to my doctor to get an antibiotic and was sent to the ER. The ER lances it and sends me home with bactrim and Keflex, after 24hrs on the antibiotics the infection is clearly spreading. From the middle of my shin to to the middle of my thigh. Back to the ER I go, I get IV antibiotics, and morphine. I spend 8 days in the hospital on 4 different IV meds, one which I had an allergic reaction to. After those 8 days I have to have a surgery and spend 2 more recovering. I spent a month packing the wound and now it is finally healed up. Scariest part is it was just plain old vanilla Staph, not even MRSA.

3 days after surgery when I was finally allowed home.

3 months later and all healed

excuzzzeme

Stroke Survivor '05
I have had MRSA, be thankful yours wasn't. Neither one is anything to play around with or try home remedies on. Glad to see your ulcer filled in and healed up. I came close to losing my leg from it and still have a weak leg. It might not strengthen up and here 3 years later I still have to have PT for it. Hope yours heals faster!

KellyFrancis

Holo the Wise Wolf
Jul 13, 2012
That.......was........awesome!!! I wanna poke it with a stick!! ;)

Glad you're all healed up now. Yikes!! My aunt had a hole in her ankle from a car accident and I would help dress it when I was there. And when my grandma was in the hospital with a diabetic ulcer on her ankle, it was fun to hear how they were treating it. Did they do maggots on yours??

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

Star_Rider

AC Moderators
Dec 21, 2005
Spanaway, Wa.
Real Name
Ed
:22_yikes:

I'm just glad your on the mend..

SubRosa

AC Members
Jul 3, 2009
I call:

034.JPG 014.JPG

SubRosa

AC Members
Jul 3, 2009
Mycobacterium marinum infection. Self treated.

metricliman

Senior Member (not)
Dec 6, 2012
New York
Mycobacterium marinum infection. Self treated.
**** it. I thought I was in the clear when I scrolled down. Even worse. At least Bally's isn't bloody.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store