Betta jumped over divider

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Vincenia

AC Members
Dec 11, 2011
Blairstown, New Jersey
darkredtigr.deviantart.com
Real Name
Kayla
Camera Used
IPhone 12 Pro Max
I divider my ten gallon and my HMPK male jumped my divider and started to flare at my HM, my HM didn't flare. He ignored the other betta and swam away and hid. But the HMPK attacked him anyway so I took the plakat out and put him in a cup for a time out.. Took the divider out and made the ten a whole again. May put the HMPK plakat in his own little 1.5 gallon tank, which was his old home. Would a small bubbler work for the small tank, my room is about 68 right now, but can get up to 72 in the spring and summer. Or he could go in the 37 with the angel, but don't think that's a good idea.

Plus I'm taking my cories out of the ten and placing them into the 37, so they can join the other 2 cories. What would make a good bottom feeder for my ten? I now have the HM, 4 male endlers and 2 small guppy fry.

OrionGirl

No freelancing!
Aug 14, 2001
Poconos
Real Name
Sheila
Why not get a small heater for the little tank? 68 is pretty chilly for long term exposure. Or, put a lid on the tank so the fish can't jump. A bubble filter will be fine, but keeping it closer to tropical will be better for the fish.

Vincenia

AC Members
Dec 11, 2011
Blairstown, New Jersey
Real Name
Kayla
Camera Used
IPhone 12 Pro Max
I placed the tank underneath my lamp to help keept the tank warm. My room is only 68 during winter, but warms up to 72 in spring and summer. My ten gallon and 3g are kept at 72. The ten has a lid on it, so does the tank I put the HMPK in since I don't want him harming my other betta again. I'm using BettaFix to help my HM damaged fins to heal and he got spooked.

aussie pride

AC Members
Jun 21, 2010
Water is always a few degrees Celcius cooler than the surrounding air temperature. You're better off fixing the divided tank so the HMPK can't jump than having him in a chilly tank.

Vincenia

AC Members
Dec 11, 2011
Blairstown, New Jersey
Real Name
Kayla
Camera Used
IPhone 12 Pro Max
I want to keep my ten gallon open and my HM fins are damged. I just changed the water. I have the other tank right under my lamp, i'm going to get a small heater for it when I can. Right now the temp is about 70. It's warmer then my room is. My 10g is kept at 72, cause the heater doesn' go past that.

CathyGo

AC Members
Dec 20, 2012
I'm using BettaFix to help my HM damaged fins to heal and he got spooked.
Those tiny little containers are rip-offs. BettaFix is the same thing as MelaFix.

You need to get some heaters pronto. 70 is not tropical fish temps.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store