My New Plecos

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

owenodin

AC Members
May 17, 2011
Northeast
Just wanted to post a picture of my newest plecos! Now I have L-201s, L-183s, and L-46s!

They are currently in their new home, a dedicated 20G long with lots of rocks. They're pretty shy yet, but I'm hoping once they settle in, they will be (a tiny bit) less shy. It's hard to tell if they are eating or not, but I'm hoping they are...

IMG_1969.JPG

IMG_1969.JPG

Last edited:
Oct 31, 2009
CA
Real Name
Sho
Nice. L046 are one of my favorites too but I have to time right now for a tank of them. Are you planning to breed them?

Rbishop

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 30, 2005
Real Name
Mr. Normal
Nice pleco!

vanillarum

AC Members
Jan 4, 2008
Mass.
Congrats on the zebras. They are by far my favorite fish. I have had my group for over 4 years, and they are, and I expect always will be, very reclusive. They say that a hidden zebra is a happy zebra. That is their nature. I didn't see any in your pics, but you may want to add a cave or 2 for them to "hide" in. I don't think I have ever seen mine eat in all the time I have had them, but obviously they are. Again, congrats !

owenodin

AC Members
May 17, 2011
Northeast
Nice. L046 are one of my favorites too but I have to time right now for a tank of them. Are you planning to breed them?
I would feel very grateful if they decide to breed one day, but it's not something I am counting on. When they get older, I will probably mess with their TDS a little in hopes of encouraging them... I will keep you posted.

owenodin

AC Members
May 17, 2011
Northeast
Congrats on the zebras. They are by far my favorite fish. I have had my group for over 4 years, and they are, and I expect always will be, very reclusive. They say that a hidden zebra is a happy zebra. That is their nature. I didn't see any in your pics, but you may want to add a cave or 2 for them to "hide" in. I don't think I have ever seen mine eat in all the time I have had them, but obviously they are. Again, congrats !
Thank you!!! I don't mind them being generally reclusive, but I do really enjoy watching them hop around from time to time (which i have mainly been able to see when I come home and turn the light on in their room after it is already dark)

Great suggestion about the caves -- I do, in fact have another section of the tank with plecocaves. I have seen one of the L46 sitting on top of one of the caves once, but I have never seen any of them going into them. The large slate ledge cave in the first picture I built by hand with sandpaper and silicon, so I am kind of flattered that they have "chosen" my cave over the plecocaves so far. Perhaps at some point they will prefer the caves. I hope it is not too uncharacteristic of them.

IMG_1981.JPG

IMG_1981.JPG

owenodin

AC Members
May 17, 2011
Northeast

owenodin

AC Members
May 17, 2011
Northeast
Thank you! :) I've had them two weeks and they still haven't experimented with the caves, which is fine by me...

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store