Brand New In Florida

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

SJCates

Registered Member
Jan 14, 2013
Hello Everyone!

I have just fallen off the turnip truck in deciding to acquire this hobby. Well, to be more clear, I have always wanted an aquarium, and have bought a number of books and read up to become informed enough to take the plunge. I have been gathering a tank, cooler, RO/DI and other items for a number of months now. It is a large tank, 300 gallons. Some have told me it is too much or too time consuming to maintain. I know I am motivated, and take instruction very well, and am very excited to be venturing into this hobby.

I joined the website just yesterday, and downloaded the App for my Android phone. I chose this venue over ReefCentral, have to say I am a little lost right now because of the vastness of the network; however, this looks like a good place to start.

Being a DIY kind of guy, I am building my own stand and have questions about the construction materials. I have a plan I put together on Google SketchUp, and have already purchased the materials but I do need advice on the fasteners, et al. So, if I could just be pointed in the right direction for the correct forum to post my question with details I'll be a happy camper.

Thanks in advance. See you around the network!

Sean Cates

Rbishop

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 30, 2005
Real Name
Mr. Normal

cpetrosky

AC Members
Jan 22, 2011
Mooresville NC
Real Name
Chris Petrosky
welcome to the site. That should be a nice tank for a saltwater build:)

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store