are those a tiny cherry's or what !!

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

godzalla

AC Members
Sep 5, 2008
long time ago i saw a female with lots of eggs .. then i started to notice those tiny round things running every where .. gathering on the sticks .. finish it in not time .. but i waited more then 2 - 3 weeks to see them getting bigger and reddish :) but that didn't happened .. SO that brings me to ask

Are those a cherry shrimp anyway ?! and before any questions yes they are alone in the tank lol brought 30 cherry's .. alot died then i started to saw the eggs in the belly .. i have a sponge filter , piece of wood branch , rock , java moss ( and btw the java is getting bigger with a slow rate .. the temp is 28 C )

now check the pictures and tell me

http://imageshack.us/g/822/dsc08562l.jpg/

dsc08565y.jpg
dsc08564h.jpg
dsc08563a.jpg
dsc08562l.jpg

dsc08565y.jpg dsc08564h.jpg dsc08563a.jpg dsc08562l.jpg

OrionGirl

No freelancing!
Aug 14, 2001
Poconos
Real Name
Sheila
I see a pair of adults...but it might help if you could indicate where in the picture you think you see the shrimp. Juveniles are teeny, less than a quarter of an inch, and difficult to photograph without some quality zoom...but I don't see anything in the pictures that looks like a juvenile shrimp, just the adults. Maybe that's a matter of scale?

jayla2251

AC Members
Jul 1, 2012
Wichita, KS
www.facebook.com
Real Name
Jayla
yeah I couldnt see anything, maybe capturing a video might help if you see movement?

XanAvaloni

AC Members
Nov 13, 2009
Newborn red cherries are tiny, barely pink, essentially invisible...except in movement. Easiest place I found to see them was up on tank walls. But if it's been 2-3 weeks since these were hatched they should be perfectly easy to see, miniature versions of the adults. If you're not seeing them either (1) they weren't there in the first place and you were seeing planaria or something or else (2) they were there in the first place and are now either hiding or dead.

Be sure that whatever you are feeding them has a good amount of calcium in it, and see if you can find a seashell or two to put in the tank (broken pieces are fine, these are chemical additives not decor. ) On the other hand do NOT feed the tank very much, just make sure you have plenty of plants on which they can graze.

I am pretty sure I killed my first 3 batches of shrimp by overfeeding them. Then I read here, took seriously the advice, and the shrimp survived and thrived and bred. They look so easy but the trick is to back off and let them live as naturally as possible.

OrionGirl

No freelancing!
Aug 14, 2001
Poconos
Real Name
Sheila
The little blue specs? No. Those are not shrimplets...I don't know what they are, but definitely not shrimplets.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store