Injured krib

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

RazzleFish

AC Members
Oct 28, 2009
After a rough start trying to get a male and female krib to like each other they've finally bred! They took some time to realize that the other isn't a threat but they are doing a great job. Now the fry are about a week old and are living happily in a community aquarium with both parents. Today I came home to a battered female hiding in the corner and my male keeping everyone away from his fry. I'm not all that concerned about the female as fins will grow back. The male however has a swollen jaw. It's only the right side and appears to have blisters on it. It doesn't seem any redder than usual but it is definitely swollen. The pics aren't the best. His actual jaw doesn't appear to be broken or anything. I'm guessing the female got a nice bite on him or he ran into something pretty hard. I'm just wondering if anyone has seen this before and will it go away? Thanks!

Sent from my iPod touch using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

ImageUploadedByMonsterAquariaNetwork1358381013.339473.jpg ImageUploadedByMonsterAquariaNetwork1358381022.158549.jpg ImageUploadedByMonsterAquariaNetwork1358381031.015909.jpg

RazzleFish

AC Members
Oct 28, 2009
They have made up and are back to watching the fry together. The males injuries seem to be healing but he definitely still has a fat lip! I swear, this is the noisiest pair of kribs I've ever had!

Sent from my iPod touch using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store