10 beautiful but easy corals

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Fishfiles1

AC Members
Mar 3, 2008
Lansing Michigan/Mesick Michigan
Real Name
Ben
i need a list of 10 corals that are not to fussy to grow, its a 29 gallon T-5HO 1- 10,000k and one atinic blue. i dose calcium and Ph 8.4 by aquavite. i can does other things, and i have no problem feeding a photo feast to things

Khemul

Sea Bunny
Oct 14, 2010
South Florida
Why are you dosing calcium?

Anyways...
Kenya/Colt/whatever Tree Coral
(standard) Toadstool Leather
Sinularia
Green-Star Polyps
Xenia (oddly enough, it is either indestructible or impossible to grow, depending on the tank)
Just about anything in similar groups to the above two (Pipe Organ, Clove, Sympodium, etc.)

Some others should be able to supply more of a list since mine is just about entirely softies.
Of course, hardy and easy to grow does have it's downsides. Hence why just about everything on the above list (minus the leathers) has a strong potential for overrunning the tank.

greech

AC Moderators
May 13, 2009
Tallahassee, FL
Real Name
Graham
Your question is kind of odd because feeding phyto is typically done for the more "fussy" corals.

My top 10 (cost not taken into account)...

Scolymia
Acans
Chalices
Favia/Favities
Euphyllia (hammers, torches, frogspawns)
Trachyphyllia
Duncan
Fungia
Ricordea
Trumpets/Candy Cane

tanker

Josh Holloway--Be mine!!!
Sep 1, 2003
Calif. SF Bay area
Visit site
Real Name
Jessica
The ones I like and are easy:

Actinodiscus (Mushrooms)
Favia (Brain)
Montipora
Zoos (Zoanthid)
Green Star Poiyps
Sarcophyton (Toadstools)
Euphyllia (but only like the torch)
Bubble Coral

Those were my corals that I find easy and good looking.

I LOVE Xenia, I love they way they open and close, like a grasping hand. But they are finicky. It can grow wild one day, and be all dead the next.

tanker

Josh Holloway--Be mine!!!
Sep 1, 2003
Calif. SF Bay area
Visit site
Real Name
Jessica

Fishfiles1

AC Members
Mar 3, 2008
Real Name
Ben
i have phyto feast, i use it for my wood shrimp in my freshwater. i use the calcium because with my standard water, my tank only gets to about 200, when i dose the calcium i can reach 400. thank you every one for your speedy responses, and all the suggestions
Ben

Fishfiles1

AC Members
Mar 3, 2008
Real Name
Ben
should i be doseing iodine, strontium, and trace??

TL1000RSquid

AC Members
Apr 6, 2011
NY
What salt are you using? At the moment if you have no corals yet that require additional elements I wouldn't bother dosing. Though if you have invert's IMO iodine dosing and keeping the Ca. up can be helpful for molting.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store